Welcome to the Troubleshooting Guide for Paladins on Xbox! In this guide, we'll discuss some of the most common technical issues players might experience while playing Paladins, and we'll provide some broad fixes to help you resolve these issues.
If you're experiencing low or inconsistent framerates while playing Paladins on Xbox, you may want to adjust your in-game settings:
- Open Paladins and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Under the Video tab, lower your Graphics settings.
- Disable Vertical Sync (V-Sync) and Anti-Aliasing.
- Save your changes and restart the game to see if the issue has been resolved.
If Paladins is crashing frequently or unexpectedly, you should first try clearing your Saved Data, Cache and completing a clean reinstall of the game:
- Highlight the game and press the options menu. Select the Manage Game option, and follow these four steps:
- On the Manage game screen scroll down to Saved Data. The game's saved data will be displayed for all accounts on the Xbox.
- Press right on the DPAD and highlight the account whose save data you want to delete and press the options button. Select the delete save data option.
- A dialogue box will appear for you to confirm save data deletion. You need to select the "Delete everywhere" option as Xbox save data is stored both on the console and in the cloud.
- You should also go to the manage game menu and delete reserved space to clear cache.
- Then uninstall the game.
- When you are done please perform a full reboot of your system.
- Then finally reinstall the game.
Lag and Connection Issues
If you're experiencing lag, high latency, or connection issues while playing Paladins, try these solutions:
Check Your Internet Connection
- Make sure your internet connection is stable and fast enough for online gaming.
- Restart your modem/router and, if possible, use a wired (Ethernet) connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is your only option, then try changing your Wireless broadcast channel. Wireless channels can become crowded when many people are using the same channel.
- You could try setting up a Static IP Address for your Xbox, you may need to research this for your specific Xbox model and proceed at your own risk.
- If you have a Static IP Address set, you may also want to try Port Forwarding. This allows incoming data traffic to reach your Xbox more efficiently.
Update your Xbox System
- Make sure that your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system, then Settings, System, and finally Updates
- Under Updates, you’ll see:
- Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or
- No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
If your system is not updating correctly or you are receiving error messages, please see the Microsoft’s System Update Troubleshooting guide.
We hope this guide helps you resolve any issues you might be experiencing with Paladins. If you still encounter problems, please engage with the Hi-Rez Helper Chat popup. If necessary, you can submit a ticket this way - please include a detailed description of the issue and any error messages you are receiving. Our team will be happy to assist you further.