Welcome to the Troubleshooting Guide for Paladins on PlayStation! In this guide, we'll discuss some of the most common technical issues players might experience while playing Paladins, and we'll provide some broad fixes to help you resolve these issues.
If you're experiencing low or inconsistent framerates while playing Paladins on PlayStation, you may want to adjust your in-game settings:
- Open Paladins and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Under the Video tab, lower your Graphics settings.
- Disable Vertical Sync (V-Sync) and Anti-Aliasing.
- Save your changes and restart the game to see if the issue has been resolved.
If Paladins is crashing frequently or unexpectedly, you should first try clearing your saved data and cache, alongside a fresh reinstall of the game. This will not affect your account in any way:
- Go to Settings, then Storage, and finally Games and Apps
- Select Delete Content, specify the data you want to delete and select Delete
- Then go back to Settings, but this time go to Saved Data and Game/App Settings
- Select Saved Data, and Console Storage then finally Delete
- Tick the box next to the files you want to delete, and select Delete for a final time.
- After this, reboot your PlayStation and finally reinstall the game.
Lag and Connection Issues
If you're experiencing lag, high latency, or connection issues while playing Paladins, try these solutions:
Check Your Internet Connection
- Make sure your internet connection is stable and fast enough for online gaming.
- Restart your modem/router and, if possible, use a wired (Ethernet) connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is your only option, then try changing your Wireless broadcast channel. Wireless channels can become crowded when many people are using the same channel.
- You could try setting up a Static IP Address for your PlayStation, you may need to research this for your specific PlayStation version and proceed at your own risk.
- If you have a Static IP Address set, you may also want to try Port Forwarding. This allows incoming data traffic to reach your PlayStation more efficiently.
Update your PlayStation System
Ensure that your console is connected to the internet, and then proceed to download and install any system updates that may be available. For proper instructions please see Sony’s guides:
If your system is not updating correctly or you are receiving error messages, please contact Sony Support for further assistance.
We hope this guide helps you resolve any issues you might be experiencing with Paladins. If you still encounter problems, please engage with the Hi-Rez Helper Chat popup. If necessary, you can submit a ticket this way - please include a detailed description of the issue and any error messages you are receiving. Our team will be happy to assist you further.