Welcome to the Troubleshooting Guide for Paladins on PC! In this guide, we'll discuss some of the most common technical issues players might experience while playing Paladins, and we'll provide some broad fixes to help you resolve these issues.
If you're experiencing low or inconsistent framerates while playing Paladins on PC, try these solutions:
Adjust In-Game Settings
- Open Paladins and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Under the Video tab, lower the Resolution and other Graphics settings.
- Disable Vertical Sync (V-Sync) and Anti-Aliasing.
- Save your changes and restart the game to see if the issue has been resolved.
Update Graphics Drivers
If Paladins is crashing frequently or unexpectedly, try these solutions:
Verify Game Files
- Open your game launcher (e.g., Steam, Epic Games Store).
- Navigate to your game library and right-click on Paladins.
- Select Properties (or Manage for Epic Games Store) and then Local Files (or Verify for Epic Games Store).
- Click Verify Integrity of Game Files (or Verify for Epic Games Store). This process may take several minutes.
- Uninstall Paladins through your platform launcher or the Windows Control Panel.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall Paladins via your game launcher.
Check Windows Errors
- Open your Start Menu, type in Security and Maintenance and open this control panel.
- Expand the Maintenance dropdown, and click View reliability history.
- In your problem history you may see multiple errors, you can select a day and double click on the error for more information.
- Use this information to search the web for a resolution to your specific errors, or pass the information along to a Hi-Rez Customer Support Agent when submitting a ticket.
Lag and Connection Issues
If you're experiencing lag, high latency, or connection issues while playing Paladins, try these solutions:
Check Your Internet Connection
- Make sure your internet connection is stable and fast enough for online gaming.
- Restart your modem/router and, if possible, use a wired (Ethernet) connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- If on Wi-Fi only, then change your Wireless broadcast channel. Wireless channels can become crowded when many people are using the same channel.
Update Network Drivers
Keep your network drivers up-to-date to ensure optimal performance. Visit your motherboard or network card manufacturer's website to download the latest driver updates. Having auto-updates enabled or otherwise regularly checking for updates can solve many of the errors we see reports of.
Disable Background Programs
Close any unnecessary background programs or applications that could be using bandwidth or affecting the performance of Paladins, such as streaming services, downloads, or other online games.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, look for any applications or processes that may be using a significant amount of network or system resources.
- Right-click on the resource-consuming process and select End Task.
Remember to exercise caution when ending tasks, as closing essential system processes may lead to instability or crashes.
We hope this guide helps you resolve any issues you might be experiencing with Paladins. If you still encounter problems, please engage with the Hi-Rez Helper Chat popup. If necessary, you can submit a ticket this way - please include a detailed description of the issue and any error messages you are receiving. Our team will be happy to assist you further.